- 2 slices bacon
- 1-1/2 pounds beef cubes (stew meat)
- 1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove. In drippings, brown beef, in batches if necessary. Add soup, wine, garlic, bay leaf, parsley and bacon; stir well to combine. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1 hour or until tender. Remove bay leaf. Serve immediately with buttered noodles, or keep warm over very low heat until needed.
In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.